A safe place in Florida?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by wildstarblazer, Dec 6, 2011.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

It is not that easy to get an EBT card, but once you do..............People with EBT cards also roll in some fancy rides. I am talking about Escalades with 500 watt stereos and LCD screens mounted on the seats or Dodge Rams with chrome everywhere.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I rolled by a c~store in the hood today that was taking EBT for Christmas trees. They sting these places all the time and like roaches two more pop up. You guys are right about the ones actually buying groceries are buying top shelf stuff. Meanwhile its almost certain the payroll tax holiday will give them more of our money to pizz away.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. greendoctor

I wish they would buy top shelf stuff. I see EBT shoppers buying stuff I would not eat if it were given to me free. EBT eligible also means Medicaid eligible. Without consuming foods full of HCFC, hydrogenated oil, artificial colorings and flavorings, how much would these people need doctors or hospital visits?

4. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I was just at publix tonight (regional grocery store) and saw a coupe buy two ribeyes about 3 inches thick and two lobster tails 3lbs snow crab and kids cuzines or what tv dinners, tons of chips dip milk eggs 4 packs of bacon etc.$320 bucks on the EBT.

5. greendoctor

Only about $150 or so of that was good food, the rest of it was exactly what I was talking about. Frankenfood costs money. I walked out of Safeway tonight with 4 lb of lamb rib rack, potatoes and veggies. Cost: $50.

6. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

There's tutorials on what to say (read lie) on your application to get one, it ain't all that hard.

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I have no problem with the Government feeding the unemployeed. I think they should get all the Beans, Rice, Surplus cheese and powded Milk they can eat.

If they don't like Drug Testing for free food, Get a Job.