a service that might be benificial to all

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by utterway landscaper, Mar 16, 2005.

?

do you think this would be good for us in the industry

1. yes

20.0%
  2. no

40.0%
  3. undicided

40.0%
  4. dont care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. utterway landscaper

utterway landscaper LawnSite Member

hello fellow landscapers and green industry worker,

my name is Nick Utter I own a small lawn and landscape business in upstate NY I am posting this thread because I need feedback from other people in the business about an Idea that im trying to make a reallity. what I want to do is create a web service that is not only benificial to the customer but to us landscapers and business owners in the field, I want to create a directory for all aspects of the industry, but it will be different in that the customer will come to the site with his plan or idea and we will sent the people or services they need to them, ex. joe smoe wants all new landscaping done around his house he would like an landscape architect design it and needs to find some one to plant the design.(my goal would to get as many company as possible to register) so say your landscape company is on the registry and your are qualified to perform what they want and they are within your specified traveling range you would get an email or fax giving you the job description and contacts numbers for the clients so you can give them a bid. it would kind of have the same theme as that company that goes out and gets you all the loan companys that would like your business and I would cover all aspects of landscaping from the actual labor to nurserys equipment if it has to do with the green industry in would be found on the site. I know this discripion is a little veg but if you think about it a service like this could really help your businees out no matter how big or small you are. so for my questions to you how much would you be willing to pay for a service like this a year? or would you rather pay on a commission basis for every job you would recieve from the business,or do you feel that this idea would no be agood one any feed back you have would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time Nick Utter if you would rather email me you can send it to utterwaylandscape@hotmail.com