A short one everyone should read

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

So I thought I would just share a caption from that post for all to read.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, I'm guilty of that.
  3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

There is only so much Insurance people can afford to pay.
    I mean really,:

I have thought about this and then thought I need enough money left over to eat:rolleyes:
  4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Insurance is nice, and expensive.
  5. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I pay....
    $48 month for $500,000, this is a 30 year term life
    Im 31 so this will last til im 61. My Ins guy told me to apply for a new 30 year term every 5-10 years.

$33 month for $300,000 accidental death and dismemberment. (AD&D)
    This includes 150,000 for wife and 60,000 for each child (2).

And I get 50% disability for up to 2 years at my job...

Wish I could afford more but actually want to drop the AD&D.

Overall I pay $81.00 a month for peace of mind that my family will be able to pay off all the bills including house and have enough money for my wife to last a couple years til she finds a new man.
  6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

that would cut into my beer money too much. :walking:
  7. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

That doesnt sound like too much at all....Give me some more info on all that you got set up, 80-100 a month isnt too bad
  8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Explain the 'key man' policy please???

I'm 22 and have auto and health.......no life. I think my parents may have life insur on me, not sure. Anyway, I'm single and basically have nothing going for me in means of a house, wife.....outstanding responsibilities. Just the business, truck payment and rent.
  9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Your money would be better invested in a regular life insurance policy, rather than an AD&D policy. Insurance companies LOVE AD&D policies because the payout % is extremely low. They make a killing on these policies. An AD&D policy covers only a tiny portion of deaths, therefore, likely leaving loved ones with no protection. AD&D policies do not even cover all types of accidents, so be very cautious when purchasing them.

Just something to think about. You should talk to a licensed insurance agent.

If you're in good health, at 31 years of age, $33 will get you some decent life insurance protection. Check into different types of policies to see what is best for you, whether it be a term, universal, variable, variable universal, whole life insurance, or even AD&D....just have someone go over each policy type so you know what you are buying. I used to sell life insurance so I know that not every policy is going to work for everyone.

Best of luck to you.
  10. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

they will give you a free quote...free medical exam. They "search" different companies for your best rate. I had to pay my first month based on the quote. If something comes up before they offer you a final contract (something medical/something better) you can not accept it and they will send you money back. They will be able to explain it better.