A small request

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Edgewater, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I am postin this here since most people will see it in here.

I am designing my flyer for the comming year and none of my pictures of hardscape jobs are gonna work for me.

I have only been doing 2-3 jobs a year for about two years and donèt have many good shots. I would like to use pics on my work, but it will take away from the rest of the flyer.

If anyone could pass along a picture of something relatively simple such as a patio with some beds or a knee wall, it would be very helpfull.

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe check the pictures forum, and see if there is anything that you can use there. You can always PM the person who did the work and ask them if you can use it.
  3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

so. let me get this straight. You aren't proud of your work, so you want to sell someone elses work to a prospective customer? Will your customers know this isn't a property you maintain? Kind of borders on fraud, dont you think.
    Now, before you answer, I know there are flyers in this forum (do a search) that have generic pictures on them. Several companies even use the SAME photo. LOL. I still think it isn't right. You are giving the impression that this is YOUR work, when it isn't.

But, its all done. For example, when you go to McDonalds, or see Ice Cream on TV, its not a real burger. Its made up special for advertising. Ive never had a burger that looked like the picture on the menu board.

Its my opinion, Im entitled to it....I just think its very misleading when you use a picture that isn't yours.

Have a great day.
  4. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I think you missed what I was trying to get at. I have pics of jobs that I am happy with, the problem is that either the pic is bad with too much sun or shade. I did one really nice patio last year, but the owner wanted to do the finishing around it. I don't want to use a pic like that.

By the way, my maint. pic I will be using is my own

trust me, I considered a lot of options befor asking for a pic