A Solo Run At It!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by NonStop, May 23, 2006.

1. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

I have created NonStop Landscaping and Lawn Service. I will be running it by myself with the help of my wife for the books. I made my first bid on a 5 home deal for cutting and 'scaping but lost it due to "over pricing". I know this is the first of many I will loose, but sooner or later I will win some.

I am very excited (and a little nervous) about owning my own business and showing everyone the quality of my work. I have big plans for myself and NSL and I am not affraid to hand out thousands of fliers and door hangers and business cards or whatever else it takes. I love this industry and will lead a good/happy life if I can make money at it.

I also want to thank everyone on this board. I read the ?s and answers and learn alot from you guys.

Thanks and wish me luck! :usflag:

www.NonStopLandscaping.com

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck!

p.s.: On your web site, consider optimizing your images (reducing their kilobytes) here:
    http://www.netmechanic.com/products/GIFbot_FreeSample.shtml

Because an 800kb image takes several seconds to load on my cablemodem, a dial-up customer it would take minutes and they won't wait that long.

3. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I swear somebody is going to call you at 12 midnight. "Hey Mr NonStop its 12 midnight get over her and cut my grass pronto!";)

5. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

hey there nonstop...i am just a little north of ya in greene county...just wondering who you deal with for mowers and such in central va?

6. Palmer'sLS

oh yeah..and where are those brickman trucks out of?....i see them all over town....even near the new target....its crzy

7. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

I hope they do. I'll take any jobs I can get. Plus, my tractor has headlights :cool2:

Palmer'sLS - don't know where Brickman is from. I deal with Haynes Outdoors and Piedmont Equipment, they specialize in Deere, Scag, and Exmark. Awesome service and *gulp* financing.

8. Palmer'sLS

i do all my business with haynes....although i wish that i had never even bought my w/b from them....phil durham was my salesman

9. NonStop

NonStop LawnSite Member

What kind of wb do you have? I'm looking for one...

10. Palmer'sLS

i have got a husqvarna, 48" belt-drive mower...i just got new blades, and belts put on....im lookin to sell it.....