1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A sprayer opinion needed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SidelinePropMgr, Feb 3, 2007.

1. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

I am going into the fert. & squirt a little heavier this year. I am actually offering as a stand alone program, previous to now was just offering service to my mowing customers.

I know most people prefer granular for fert. and spray for weeds. Not ready to invest in a spray tank. Saw a unit at Gregson-Clark that dropped into my lesco spreader and made a mobile spray unit. Anyone have any history with this unit? Good idea or not, PLEASE give feedback.
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

They work good but kind of a pain to use because you cant spread and spray at the same time. perma green just came out with a new spreader mounted sprayer that mounts in the hopper. its a 2 gal tank so you can spray about 10k with it. the pump works of the tires of the spreader so no battery to charge,it looks pretty cool! I think the price is around $500.