A stander w/ a way to do leaves

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Tim's Lawn Care LLC., Oct 30, 2010.

1. Tim's Lawn Care LLC.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC. LawnSite Member

Been considering a new stander but need this machine to do double duty in the fall. Anyone know of any stander that can do it it all or or these machines just for cutting grass? I'm using a Toro w/b w/ a trac vac mounted on the deck w/ a 44 gal. can.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i dont like bagging with my standers(wright) as there is too much blowout up front.

3. Tim's Lawn Care LLC.

yeah, alittle blow out, i've found w/ heavy leaf loads it's best to pre-mulch

4. Lawn Pawn

Lawn Pawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from zone 3

I use my Wright 36 fixed deck with a Gobbler for small lawns and quick pick-ups. I'm VERY happy with how it picks up DRY material.... even pine needles.

Down-side is it's VERY limited capacity. I would not want to be without it for the quick pick-me-ups! For the heavy duty work I have a 445 AWS John Deere with a three bag Power-Flo.

5. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Obviously you need a Leaf Stander, go talk to your dealer.

Pre-mulching...
    Is that anything like pre-cutting, pre-driving or pre-fueling?
    Personally I like pre-showering the best, although pre-crapping takes a close second.

Next thing you know we'll be...
    Hey wait!
    I get it!

Next time I walk up to a girl, I'll just plant a kiss right smack on there, nice as can be, out of the blue and all.
    Then before she smacks me I say "WAIT, I was just pre-kissing."

7. Tim's Lawn Care LLC.

lil early to be drinkin Topsites, wait, no it ain't. Pre-mulching as in running over the big fat fluffy leasves (open chute) then sucking thru the trac-vac, thusly, mulchin them again. Doubling the barrel capacity.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

So the first time over you weren't really mulching them?

It's all good, I use the pre expression myself but just felt the need to expose it for the silly expression that it is.

9. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

i would convert the trac vac that is on your walk behind to your stander...we are doing the same thing at this very moment, called trac vac and it's going to cost 500 to get the stuff i need to do it

10. MnLefty

MnLefty LawnSite Senior Member

Get one of these...

[​IMG]