A Stealth Mulch Plug!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Garden Panzer, May 31, 2004.

1. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

Here's an idea that's time has come! Someone needs to make a mulch plug that "looks" like a regular bag...for those clients who insist on their lawn being bagged! I surely would buy one!
  2. jokatico

jokatico LawnSite Member
    from maine

On my 21" Ariens mower I leave the mulch plug in and put the bag on just for looks. All I do on my Husqvarna riding mower is leave the 2 catch bins on but I just take off the bagger shoot and put the mulch cover on. I had a customer last year tell me someone offered to mow his lawn for $5 less but they only mulched not bagged. I have had this account for three years now.
  3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Oh bobbygedd where are you? lol
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You could make a plate that goes over the grass cather opening. To keep the grass from going in. Then get some astro turf, and glue it so it looks green through the holes. That would work.
  5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

So let me get this straight, they want it bagged you said you would bag it, and you are not and charging extra for it? Thats false advertising and theft.
  6. Christian grower

Christian grower LawnSite Member

I think it's pretty low down when a person steals from another person, but what is even worse is when you lie to them so you can steal from them. Might I remind you, you are not getting away with anything you are being watched.
  7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

oh my god. this is my first year cutting, and by gosh by golly, that is the lowest down thing i have ever heard.

what the He!! are ya thinking. Stealing from then, doing false things, Lying from them. My god, i hope this thread was a joke. Im only 16, and i would NEVER think of doing that....

i have a mower that will bag, but for some reason it doesnt bag properly, so when i get to an account that i have to bag, i leave that mower on the trailer and get out the honda or other cub that bags properly. i could easily trick my customers that i am bagging, but i would never do that. serisouly, i hope this thread was a joke, this is the most insane thing i have heard of!
  8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

It would be nice if this was a joke, but i doubt it is. There are crooks like that in this business, which gives the green industry a bad name.
  9. Garden Panzer

Garden Panzer Banned
    from Seattle

I never said ANYTHING about charges for bagging and mulching with stealth power! I just want a tool that gives me some leeway below the radar when I tell a client that sometimes I mulch sometimes bag! Let's not get off the hook about this!;)
  10. 3sons

3sons LawnSite Member

Bottom Line!!! Honesty is the best policy. Also, if the customer ever finds out you trick, he/she will boot you to the curb and tell many people about you.

Reputation is more valueable that profit..
    Woody Culp