A stihl man thinkin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by noseha, Nov 15, 2006.

1. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I run 420m for 2 season, but due to recent events, I only have one back pack. With all the talk lately about red max over stihl. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have looked at rex max. The dealer I went to sells both. I looked at the two of them side by side and don't see what the talk is about. I talk with the dealer and he told me about one of the problems. with a hour drive from my home to the dealer. The choice was easy. One was very big it seem to be 4ft thick and heavy with the other very stylish and rounded thin to my back and so powerful. I will tell you all about it later. :p
  2. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I've been using it for two days now. At first I thought it was about the same. But now after today, O'baby there is some power. very light and don't get hung up on things. I will still run two 420m on the lawn trailer, But on my clean up trailer is only 600 from now on!
  3. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Glad you like the BR600. So me it is the best priced, most powerful blower on the market. Stihl got that one right. I know that there are many others that prefer RedMax, Echo or others. But I just do not see them putting out the air that the 600 does. It is a beast.
  4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my 600!! Dont care what you say about Redmax...the 600 does everything I need.
  5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not trying to start a pissing match, and I have no experience yet with the 600 or Redmax' 7001/8001 blowers... But it seeems that everyone who does, says the the Redmax blows the Stihl away.
  6. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

the only ones who think the br600 is more powerful than the redmax ebz8001 has never tried an 8001 period. that being said, if i could only have one backpack it would be a Redmax eb7001. the 8001 is awesome for cleanups but is to big for an everyday blower.
  7. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I thought you already had a 600, nosea? Oh well, you do now, and I am sure you will like it a lot once it's broken in. I was doing a cleanup in a tight space the other day and I thought, I wouldn't even be able to get back here with the RM. The low profile is a big plus for me, and it has all the power I need, from what I have seen so far. Enjoy it!
  8. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

Wow man! How much did you drink before making that post?:laugh:
  9. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl 600 is a great blower, but for me time is money and I can move a lot more leaves with the 8000 in less time.
  10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

If you prefer Stihl and the light weight you did well. Only person you have to please is yourself. I have all Stihl equipment exept for the Redmax 7001. Its a great blower, plenty of power. The only problems I've had were gas sitting too long and the carb getting a little sticky. A little gas treatment took care of that. The harness hangs when you are trying to get it on your back sometimes. The weight doesn't bother me. Never used a newer Stihl but they are more streamlinned. The carb on a Redmax would be easy to knock off if you weren't careful. But I'm happy but I would like even more power but I don't use a backpack enough to justify the cost. Hope you like the Stihl, they usually have good customer support.