1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

A.T.T Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by S-205, Jan 4, 2012.

1. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

We'll see what happens with the truck, my brother is pretty set on selling it now. Another problem just came up and he's absolutely sick to his stomach because of all the problems and the thousands of dollars in repairs. Every single time its fixed we say "oh the 6.0L problems are fixed now, it'll run strong now" It never does, it isn't worth the money, the motor and all the electrical is complete garbage, either that or a lemon. The thing has 100k on it.

He doesn't exactly need a 3/4 ton truck too often so he's looking at an older Toyota. Despite what any one think's and 80's Toyota pickup or 4runner is cheaper, and will outlast most Ford diesels, with less cost and less headaches. No one wants anyone to buy imports, but theres a reason so many people do.

Rant over.

2. Porkins

Porkins LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work mate!

My grandfather always said Fix Or Repair Daily

3. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

haha to many sayings to list. lol.....its nice to see our friend A.T.T is smart enough to have a ram! hahaha, work looks great as always man!

4. S-205

from Ontario

Thanks guys, I don't mean to be a hater, I love everything about that truckm including the power and the tranny. It hauls awesome, looks great, comfortable inside, built in brake controller (Dodge din't have that) the reliability sucks though.

The Dodge has its own problems too, but its dependable when I need it to be. There is a possibility it'll be put on a trade in sooner than later. It has about 85000 km on it now and we often trade in around 100k. Ultimately its my dad's work and personal truck so its his decision. The gas has been struggling lately hauling anything of significant weight. The frame and suspension handle it all great though. Hopefully I can coerce him into a Cummins like before, Dodge offers a no charge diesel every now and again.

5. KPZ Enterprises

cummins all the way! n i know what u mean about the gasr, towing 10 yds of mulch or dirt sucks n i wish i had a diesel then, guess thats y im looking at 4500 for nxt yr. lol but for plowing gas is the way to go in my opinion.

6. S-205

from Ontario

Why would you say that about plowing?

7. KPZ Enterprises

theres next to no time for waiting for heat, no need to plug in block heater, lighter engine which is less wear n tear on the truck, just few things that come to mind.

8. S-205

from Ontario

Oh okay good points, the added weight of a diesel motor plus the 960 lb plow is a lot for the truck to handle.

9. DieselHolic

DieselHolic LawnSite Senior Member

Too bad about the 6 leaker. everything looks good buddy.

Diesel for plowing, only way to go. LOW END TORQUE! :)

10. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Gassers slug down fuel when plowing. A couple buddies have 6.0 gassers, they'll go through a tank or 2 in a 7-8 hr night. Another buddy has an 06 cummins, it practically idles when plowing, he'll burn 1/4-1/2 of what they burn. But with a heavier engine, more wear on the front end and higher maintenance costs. I'm not exactly psyched to plow with my 8.1 because the fuel mileage :laugh:
    But its finally summer (kinda, its 55 degrees right now), why are we talking about snow?!?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: May 30, 2012