A.T.T Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by S-205, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Look at you!!!! :walking::walking::cool2::cool2:

I really like that.its so new you still have the paper floor mats lol
  2. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great man!!
  3. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

sweet man!! cant tell from pics but is it a 2500 or 3500srw?? awsome non the less
  4. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

not understanding why you would sell 2 of the most productive pieces of snow removal equipment on the market to "buy" a truck that isn't going to make you anymore money then a hemi. At best it gives you some brownie points on here.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Thanks guys!

Its a 2500, I absolutely love it so far.

Well you'd have to understand what is happening with my business to understand the decision. Because of the scope of our snow removal work (large, demanding accounts) we've traded in our trucks every 4 years, the plows included. The purpse is to reduce, if not eliminate down time. The Wideout was giving us a few issues regardless, so I was able to sell it privately. The Hemi also was having some on going electrical issues, brake controller had a problem, and the fuel was unreal.

That is where the Cummins came into play along with a new plow which I am having trouble deciding. The Wideout is nice, the Blizzard 810PP was nice, but theres so many moving parts, I might get a straight blade with wings.

Continuing the issue of minimum downtime, I sold the Kage privately also, as a new unit. The account where it would be best utilized is out of the picture and we don't need to ability to run a pusher and straight blade. The Kage also stuck out quite far in front of the skid and w/o counterweights it was bouncing on the road, and all of our accounts are accessed by road. That will be replaced with a used but very low hour pusher, probably a Protech. The S205 is the main machine for snow for me, and I'd be running thet pusher all the time anyway, so it makes more sense to go spend less than half the money on a dedicated pusher with no moving parts.

So I didn't sell the Hemi, plow, salter and Kage just so I could go buy a new diesel, that is outlandish. My desire to get into excavation work, along with the purchase of the Bobcat, and fuel prices pushed the decision for a Cummins. Hope that answers your questions. :waving:
  6. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Welcome to the club! :cool2:

truck pic.JPG
  7. S-205

from Ontario

Nice! I really like your rims, I wanted those. Long bed too eh?
  8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Cant wait to retire my dually to a pure work truck and get a megacab 2500 4x4 as the bosses truck. Maybe next christmas if the new company takes off.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Yea i ended up getting the long bed so we can put a tool box in the back.

The Megacabs are sweet trucks! i was looking at one the other day, $60k for a truck that I am going to use just to cruise around in just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I either drive my Honda Civic Hybrid or a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax, 2 door long bed.
  10. S-205

from Ontario

Hey you have to treat yourself at some point in your life. I love driving my Tacoma around, I would like to keep that for as long as it is useful for my company.