A Teenager's Potentially REVOLUTIONARY Lawn Care Business Model

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnandorder2013, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chefj

chefj LawnSite Senior Member

That would be a great, yet fraudulent marketing campaign.

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

No seriously...not to make money...as a charity
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. chefj

chefj LawnSite Senior Member

Good experience I assume
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

A liability NIGHTMARE, tax wise, personal injury, property damage :dizzy:

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

How many teenagers have the money to invest in equipment and vehicle? BTW 20 an hour won't even cover the overhead of real equipment and operating costs much less taxes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

^^ I was 18 when I started mine, Uncle gave me $5k to buy out his buddies 30 customer company with equipment. Paid him back over the summer. I was clear by the end of the season. Until, you know, I learned about thieves and slow payers etc. lol.

Also, I will be using CAPS much more often lol

7. Patriot Services

Just for grins and giggles. Let's pretend I respond to your CL ad for a teen lawn cutter. Give me your best sales pitch and include an example account with my cut of the money. The only equipment I have is a Honda Civic, Murray push mower and a Ryobi trimmer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

^^ this just got very, interesting. Let the Role play begin!

9. lawnandorder2013

lawnandorder2013 LawnSite Member

You, valuable worker, will be mowing a lawn that is 2 minutes walking distance from your house. Including the time it takes to walk there and back, the job will take you 45 minutes. And I will pay you $15 to do it. That is $20 an hour, over double what you could make at any other job. And I'll pay you in cash whenever you would like.

I will come over to the yard to trim later that day. I strictly evaluate the quality of your work based on my standards. Since you have already demonstrated your ability to mow properly and efficiently, this should not be an issue.

Not just anyone could mow for my business. I pay more for better workers, and you, my friend, have what it takes.

10. Patriot Services

How do you propose to keep me interested with one house within walking distance? Do you really believe that one will lead to dozens? Do you know the radius most guys on here operate to have a profitable business.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.