A Teenager's Potentially REVOLUTIONARY Lawn Care Business Model

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnandorder2013, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawnandorder2013

lawnandorder2013 LawnSite Member

But serious reply here: do you guys think that the deal becomes much sweeter for the worker if they use my equipment? I have three mowers, two of which we acquired from people who got new ones. The workers could use my mowers if they wanted, but I don't see why they would want to if they have a better one at their house that their parents are more than happy to let them use.

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

You still haven't actually researched how the IRS and Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation categorizes subcontractors and employees yet, have you? I mean, considering your entire <fingerquotes> business model</fingerquotes> is based on skirting that li'l organization, it probably doesn't matter much, so I'll just say it's amusing that you're still presenting this to a forum populated by people you plan to lowball/undercut/cheat to win/whatever you want to term it.

3. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Your posts sound a lot like mine that was deleted. I told him I'd pay to NOT have teens mow my lawn.

Apparently that was too harsh so it was removed. Some people need to be a little less sensitive. Life isn't all about puppies and kitties and having smoke blown up your rear by only allowing "attaboy" replies.

I've said it before. Other forums frown upon discussion of illegal activities, yet here we are debating and making suggestions on how to run a completely illegal business.

I'll go ahead and assume that I was 100% correct that the business name is not registered either.

This post will be deleted in 4, 3, 2...

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

You're correct. Someone else is registered in Ohio under that name.

5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

why are we still discussing this non-idea?

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I think it's safe to say that this one has run its course so I'm closing this one down

Thanks all :waving:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.