A terrific liitle product

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, May 28, 2009.

1. Another contractor I think was hunting for these a while back. Great way to get wire in the garage with minimum hole size.
    Come in 1/2" and 3/4" Grey and white.
    Made by Johnson Diversified Ind....Safety Harbor, FL
    Part #s
    SC 50W
    SC50G
    SC75W
    SC75G

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Nice find!

3. You can also pop that plug out to caulk it in to keep the ants out. One of those great little "why didn't I think of that" products.

4. TRILAWNCARE

TRILAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Very clean, do they make it larger sizes?

6. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

dont mean to get off topic, but when running pvc up a building foundation as in tri lawn cares' post....IS there a type of pvc that is especially resistant string-trimmer abuse?

nice share

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Brass nipple stock should do it.

8. TRILAWNCARE

That's Fimco's post, I was just adding to it. Give him the credit for the great find on a very useful item....

9. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

most certainly, the picture of the install and caulk too, worth a thousands words man

10. TRILAWNCARE

I wouldn't be using a piece of sch 40 PVC water pipe. I would use gray sch 80 Carlon PVC electrical conduit. At the very least I would use sch 40 PVC electrical conduit. The clamps are available in gray to match gray conduit.

A piece of K copper water pipe will do well also, but I don't know how well the copper will mate up to the JDI sealant clamp in this case.. Outside diameter of the copper pipe will be considerably smaller than a PVC pipe that it is designed to work with... Perhaps you could go with a size larger copper pipe to make up the diff.

Those string trimmers can do some real destruction in the hands of amateurs...

Not sure I would want to price out a piece of brass pipe for that application. payup

Last edited: May 29, 2009