A thread dedicated to myself (pics)... what do you think ;)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Brick One Lawns, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Brick One Lawns

Brick One Lawns LawnSite Member

Nah, I just started up at the end of last year and am getting things going this year pretty smoothly. I just wanted to post up and see what y'all thought of my logos and signs going on my trucks.

Attached Files:

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I think you need to do something with your business name in the keyboard keys. I had to look at the pics three times to find your business name, it just does not stand out.

Also, what do you mean by "Ask for Discounted Service Now"? Are you trying to attract business by undercutting the currect competition?
  3. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

all in all im not to crazy about it to be honest.. i would recommend to take that 3 day service down because if your ad was to work out u prob will not be able to follow through on that...
  4. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

I one did yards in Mt. Pleasant, SC for 7 years
  5. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

the name is hard to read/does not stand out at all. many people have commented in the past about not using push mowers in logos because it does not say 'professional'. all of those garden tools on the right side are homeowner type tools IMO. As stated previously 'discounted service' sounds like 'low balling'.

I'm not trying to rip it just pointing a few things out.
  6. Brick One Lawns

Brick One Lawns LawnSite Member

I would kind of agree that the name may be hard to read in the keys like that. I didn't think it would really be that big of a deal, but I see your point(s)

Perfect, any tips you might have in any aspect would be appreciated!

I try to stick to residential and i've found that people like pushmowers... they prefer it in my neck of the woods actually... My truck, my trailer, and my equipment are professional... not some 89 F-150 pulling a makeshift trailer(no disrespect). A logo is just a logo. Hopefully my reputation will show my level of professionalism as well as a nice new truck and trailer... and the sign wont deter from it.

Being that my area is primarily the neighborhood in which I live, I am sticking to the 3 day service guarantee. It is actually the primary reason I started the business. For my own neighborhood. I do some commercial stuff down the road but only for friends. I have the capability to have 3 crews going at the drop of a hat if I become saturated.

The ask for discounted service is for the sign I put up while i'm cutting, to draw the neighbors business. If they see the sign and ask, i'm obviously on the job and there would be minimal expense to mow their yard as soon as I am done with the current customers lawn.

If it were all that clear I guess i wouldn't have to explain all this so, maybe you are right.
  7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

After you explained it....I think the discounted sewrvice now sign is a good idea. Your logo could use some help....mainly so it can be read easily.
  8. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am not saying that you will not get walkups to want their lawn cut that day, but you have to ask yourself one thing. Do you want to run your business on one time cuts only, or on annual customers that renew every year.

I ask for this reason. If you are mowing yard A, and the neighbor wants their yard cut too, and it is exactly like yard A, are you going to give them a discount because you are already there. What if they want annual service? Do they pay less because you were already there. Now you are mowing Yard A and Yard B, but B pays less. 2 months later, Yard A cancels, not you have to go and mow yard B for less than you charged Yard A, and you only have one account in that neightborhood.

I get asked by customers if they get a discount if they get me other customers in the area. I tell them that if they sign an annual agreement with me, then they will get a percentage off of their bill each month that they refer a new customer that also signs an annual service agreement. See the difference. Same principle as yours, but with gauranteed service for a certain period of time and it give the current customer a slight incentive to keep referring new customers.