A tree job i started to day working solo

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by joef450snowplow, Aug 11, 2010.

1. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow LawnSite Senior Member

its going good hbu n thats not my saw i wish it was hah its my uncles

2. joef450snowplow

haha this isnt the first time iv bin called nuts

3. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

No going solo and falling a tree, it could be the last time you've been called alive.

4. DitchDr

DitchDr LawnSite Senior Member

First off , your a idiot.
    Second off, good job on taking on something new.
    Third, your a idiot for doing it alone. What would happen if a limb went the wrong way and hit you?

For doing it solo, its a good job, but dont do it again. We want to hear from you, not about you.

On a side note. 3 hours max my guys would have that tree down. chipped logs loaded stump ground and payment in hand.

5. joef450snowplow

haha thanks and when i do my next tree job next week ill make sure i have someone helping me

6. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't cut down trees (except at home), but your time line for that tree seems correct if I was paying someone to take it down.

7. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Thats good.me too eveything is fine.thats kool.congarts on the new wright 36''u bought,how is it working out.

8. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

3hours...weed be in and out in 1...bucket crane and chipper truck...our chipper could eat that tree whole lol but for a single guy thats good time...just be safe thats number one thing when doing any work something as simple as falling three rungs up and the ladder and cutting a limb of your own off...saws are sharp remember that...but keep up the good work

9. joef450snowplow

hah i bet the chipper would! what brand? haha n today some pain in the A$$ on my block called the cops on me saying there was a child playing with a chain saw n the cop pulls up just as i dropped the 6ft + trunk to the ground

10. slamjamrockinman

slamjamrockinman LawnSite Senior Member

How old are you? No offense but i have a few questions for ya.. Fully insured for this type of work? Are you trained on climbing techniques and rigging techniques to safely lower parts of the tree? All proper safety equipment (climbing gear, rigging and lowering devices, saws, etc..)? and yes a removal like this you should atleast have another guy at the bottom to run ropes if you were even climbing.. Please let the professionals do jobs like this. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen and you could seriously hurt yourself.