1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A truck question...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DPruett2333, Nov 5, 2003.

1. DPruett2333

DPruett2333 LawnSite Member

I'm kind of in the middle on what to do concerning a truck...My grandpa said that it would be a hassle unhooking and hooking the tralier all the time, when I want to go somewhere without it. What do you guys think? If it wouldn't be that much of a hassle, I could sell my car and get a higher priced, nicer truck...Any thoughts?
  2. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you mean you currently have 2 vehicles, a car and a work truck that stays hooked up?

Hooking up a trailer is not a hassle at all...I do it everyday. You get used to it.
  3. DPruett2333

No, currently I have a 92 Cutlass. I am taking over my grandpas business next year, so I am going to need a truck. If hooking and unhooking the trailer is a hassle, then I will keep my car and get a cheaper truck. If it isn't a hassle, I can sell my car and get a more expeisive truck...
  4. AGLawnCare

AGLawnCare LawnSite Member

Trailer takes no time at all, maybe at first its hard to back right up under the ball but after some pratice you hit it every time and it takes 5 min. It is important to have a good reliable truck because that last thing you want is a broken truck. Spend more money on your truck.
  5. DPruett2333

Thanks for the reply!