A "typical" cleanup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BSDeality, Nov 14, 2005.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Here are a couple photo's I snapped today. These were already done once earlier this fall, so this is about 1/2 -2/3 of the leaves for the property.

How long does this operation take your crew? equipment involved?

Edit, Picture two is screwed up from the camera, sorry.

cleanup1.jpg

cleanup2.jpg

cleanup3.jpg

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would blow them into the woods

3. BSDeality

that is what was done, It is a tricky property. all the leaves from the top/backside of the house must be brought down to the lower lawn because the back of the house is carved into the rock so you can't put them there.

How long does it take?

4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like an all day job to me. Blowing into woods and pushing piles with mower maybe $500 for the day just myself. I really dont know

5. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

It is hard to tell the actual size of the property from the pictures and the amount of leaves on the ground. I think that me and my brother (our crew) could do that job in about 1hr and 1/2 or so maybe less. We would be using two Scag Tiger Cubs both 48's, 13 hp Little Wonder blower attached to the front of the Tiger Cub with the Wonder Hitch, the other Cub with a mulch plate and two Stihl BR420's.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

well, I am thinking that it would take one person about 3 to 4 hrs with a WB blower.

7. BSDeality

There are lots of beds to be blown out with a BP blower too.
    there is about 25-30K of turf. Property is sloped back to front. Tiedeman is very close to my estimated time if I was using only a BP + WB.

Heres a few more pictures of the mountains. Do you "mulch 'em" people think you could really mulch these back into the turf? NO WAY NO HOW

cleanup4.jpg

cleanup5.jpg

cleanup6.jpg

8. grassyfras

i guess I dont get where your blowing them to. It all looks like woods. Are you blowing them into that hill side?

9. grassyfras

My estimtate was with a mower as a plow and eb7001 redmax. Mower is a 52 turftracer walkbehind

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am NOT envious LOL you better get a BIGger Wonder LOL !!!

No you can't mulch that but you also know as well as I do just in these past two weeks leaves have finally started falling like they mean it (at least here in virginia) while some these guys been complaining about 'ALL THESE LEAVES' since way back in September and I know that was just penny ante stuff.

Now THAT is some leaves, you wan't to complain or talk trash about LEAVES, then THAT is some LEAVES there you can talk about and I WILL listen and respects you !!! That's what I'm talking about, the rest of the stuff I know a lot of it was just guys either in their first year or they couldn't remember that leaves fall prematurely as early as late August but it's not until Mid-October and later they REALLY COME DOWN.

omg my back and legs hurt just from looking at that, hope you got at least 8hp on the little wonder.
    Best of luck but the progress looks sweet !

p.s.: I'll be taking more pics soon, batt's went dead in the cam, just got more today.

Edited for Lanuage