a unique situation

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by landshark71, Mar 21, 2005.

1. landshark71

landshark71 LawnSite Member

hey guys, my name is matt and me and my brother just moved to a brand new subdivision in summerville S.C.. Were trying to start a up a new landscaping business and we've come across a possibly really good situation which we are trying to take advantage of. The subdivion that we live in is brand spanking new sub with about 50 homes already occupied and 750 more to be built over the next three years with a similiar subdivsion around the corner just starting to be built. They are sodded in the front only with minimal landscaping already done by the building contractor. im sure u can already start to see the mouthwatering possibilites. So we are trying to figure out the best possible way to take advantage of this as far as aquiring as many accounts as possible and keeping the competition out. just looking for some feedback from some seasoned professionals on the best way to handle this. thanks in advance landshark
    Precision Landscapes

2. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Door to Door sales with well printed material in hand. Make a note to tell them that you live in the area. New construction is hard, half the people have money and the other half are house poor. Good Luck!!

3. Tiller1240

Tiller1240 LawnSite Member

Door to door sales are a great start. That should definitely provide you with at least a few customers. Once you get one or two, make sure that you are providing quality work and high levels of customer service. Nothing spreads faster than word of mouth, so make sure they are spreading good words.