A used equipment site for NYers...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Nov 12, 2003.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

This is where I found my used leaf loader that I just picked up. I had to drive a couple hours as I'm in PA, and most of the stuff is in NY area.
    Thought some others might be interested though.

www.junktank.com

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

heh, yeah I should have told you guys about that site earlier, but I didn't want to advertise. My buddy owns it. I almost went partners with him on it too.

Should have known you were comming up this way, I would have stopped by to say hi. :cool:

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Man, what a drive!! I had to go to Islip, and it took me 4 hours!
    I crawled all the way through Staten Island at 5 mph.

Only took me 2.5 hrs to get home, traffic moved good that way.

Some nice stuff on that site. Glad I found it, otherwise I wouldn't have found my leaf loader!

The seller was a real nice guy too. He hadn't heard of Lawnsite, and sounded interested, so hopefully he'll sign up.

How far are you from Islip Paponte? Too bad we couldn't have done lunch. Maybe next time.

4. paponte

5 minutes. :D

5. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Gogetter,
    Thanks for the info. I checked it out and the prices are to good to be true. How was the quality? Not to sound cynical but is this a legit business? They have a chipper that looks great. I know I'll be doing business with them. Thanks again. Matt

6. paponte

Yes it's legit. The site itself does not own the equipment. Rather it offers advertising for landscapers, and people in the business. I have sold several pieces of equipment on there. It's $30.00, and they will list your item for a month. When you call on an item, you get in touch with the owner themselves.

Any questions, just ask. :cool:

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Neat idea.

8. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Somebody was really thinking with this idea. Thanks Paponte.
    Matt

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Matt, as paponte said, it's just a site for landscapers/contractors to sell stuff, JunkTank isn't actually selling the stuff.

The person that was selling the leaf loader said he called JunkTank to see about advertising it on there. He said the guy from JunkTank came over a half hour later and took the 4 photos of the loader and it was on the site later that day. He was very impressed with the service!

I also took an interest in a company that advertises on there, R.E.R. the leasing company. Anyone dealt with them? They even can provide leasing for used equipment. And they have several payment options with the landscaper in mind, such as 9 months pay, 3 months no pay.