A very small water feature

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by JeffNY, May 16, 2011.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY LawnSite Senior Member

Its a friend of ours, I explained I don't do water features, but she insists I just 'try something'.
    She doesn't want any 'bubbling rocks' or pillars, or over-sized vases with water coming out of them. She doesn't want a pond because she doesn't want to take care of it constantly (unless I explain they take very little maintenance). So, Im thinking, stack some larger rocks in a horseshoe shape, and build the back up a bit, have a little water fall down some 'steps'.

Any other ideas for this tight spot? Area is approx 7'x7'.

051511230759.jpg

2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

3. JeffNY

I was lookin at that, I like it. You really think I can shrink that down to 7x7? I'd love to

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the nice thing about a pondless you can cantilever your waterfall over/into your water basin sa long as you have support. Have you ever built any type of waterfall? You can have a little basin in that area as small as 4x6x3 especially with a hose bib right there.

5. JeffNY

This would be my first.

6. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

That is one of the great things about Pondless Waterfalls. You can place the waterfall originating outside of the basin/reservoir or have it sitting smack dab in the middle if your design dictates or space is at a premium.

Yea, you can place a nice feature in that 7' x 7' area.

7. Muthscapes

Muthscapes LawnSite Member

I think this a perfect location for a vanishing water falls. If you go to the video page on this web site search for pondbuilder. They have a great How-to video for construction of a mini cascade falls. This is a great product, it makes installation super easy.

8. JeffNY

Thanks, nice video. Where's the best place to buy the materials? I was looking at thepondguy's website, seems ok

9. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Google "pondless waterfall kits" and you will have LOTS of choices.

10. Muthscapes

Muthscapes LawnSite Member

I would go to www.mipond.com They are a distributor for pondbuilder and they have other quality products. You can order on-line or by phone. If you go on-line you have to register. It's not a big deal.