A vital safety question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ocean Side, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Ocean Side

Ocean Side LawnSite Member

I know that many people put the trimmer racks on the drivers side of the trailer. Why not put them on the passenger side so that when you are parked at a property the trimmers are on the lawn side and not on the street side in traffic? What do you think, and what do you do??? I am trying to set up my new trailer right the first time. Thanks.

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Passenger side for me. Also helps keep my view clearer so backing up is easier. I only gotta be parked in the road on about 3 accts(quiet residentials). Rest are apartments or in the country

3. tgaskill

tgaskill LawnSite Member

Passenger Side on Mine.

4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine are on the passenger side, the only reason I can see putting them on the drivers side is if you are left handed. It would be easier for starting them.

5. rustyb265

rustyb265 LawnSite Member

I park in driveways.

6. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

anyone who puts it on the drivers side is either ********... or they didnt realize till it was put on and are to lazy to switch it

But to be on a fast maintenance crew where time is of the essence i think most workers no matter how tired are completely alert of all cars, people, sprinkler heads, bumps that will scalp etc etc atleast my biz is and most that i see are.. You cant landscape unless ur head is completely clear i feel no matter how ****** up and even if i sleep for 3 hours the second the scag turns on im sobered

ive never heard of anyone getting hit im sure it does happen though

7. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

right side here too

8. DAVEY PROS

DAVEY PROS LawnSite Member

I guess i'll be the first to say the laft side. Doesn't bother me.

If you want to do something neat you can put the trimmer racks on the front (opposite the tailgate). I've seen that done before but i can't imagine seeing our the review mirror that well.

Whatever your preference is go with it.

9. lazer9284

lazer9284 LawnSite Member
    from florida

always on the passenger side if possible.

10. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't understand why hardly anyone puts their racks where mine are.....on the FRONT of the trailer. That way they can be easily accessed from either side of the trailer. I've done it this way for years.