A. W. Landscapers, Inc. - Equipment & Work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by A. W. Landscapers Inc., Nov 21, 2013.

1. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Thought I'd start a picture thread for my equipment.

Here is my trailer...

I'm including a photo of the shelf on the trimmer/edger rack where the poles rest in the notches to keep the tools from banging against the wall. The notches are lined with cork and there is a powerful "Rare Earth" magnet behind the cork embedded in the plywood. There is also a "Rare Earth" magnet taped to the pole. The magnets hold the trimmers and edger securely in place and all I need to do is to lift and pull to remove them and putting them back is just as easy…hang it on the hook and the magnets catch to hold it in place.

I hope these pictures upload ok…had some trouble getting them uploaded before and I had to reduce the size…if these come out too small I'll take some new ones and upload those another day…hope this works…

DSC00938.JPG

DSC00936.JPG

DSC00923.JPG

DSC00925.JPG

DSC00926.JPG

DSC00927.JPG

DSC00928.JPG

DSC00929.JPG

2. Morgan Higgins 100

Morgan Higgins 100 LawnSite Member

i think my pictures work now

3. Morgan Higgins 100

Morgan Higgins 100 LawnSite Member

love he front of the trailer and how you set it up

4. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

Thank you very much.

5. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

Forgot to mention…the orange hooks were purchased at Home Depot and they cost about $5 - $6 each…I think I spent about $70 - $80 on the hooks.

6. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like you have a really nice working facility. Is that a rented industrial suite?

I see the frontend of a GM van. Is that your tow vehicle?

7. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

The building is my workshop that I had built on my property. My commute from my back door is about 50 feet. The shop floor is 1800 square feet with an additional 600 square foot loft where I have my office/showroom for my custom woodworking business. Right now the shop is still mostly dedicated to cabinetry/woodworking…some of the space near the overhead door gets used for temporary storage/service area for the mowers…I haven't decided how I'm going to dedicate space to the landscaping business but I know I'll have to do it soon.

The vehicle you see is a GMC Savana 2500 and yes it is currently my tow vehicle…it's my work van for the woodworking business and right now it being used by the landscaping business as the tow vehicle. The van is lettered for the woodworking business which means that I am either always advertising for both businesses or I'm confusing the heck out people when they see the woodworking van pulling the landscaping trailer.:laugh:

8. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

Here is some older pictures of the inside of the workshop before the office/showroom got anything put up there…

DSC00457.JPG

DSC00459.JPG

9. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw the privacy gate/fence, close proximity of the building, and thought it might be an industrial suite. It looks like the ideal situation, though. It'd be nice to have the security/obstruction you have there.

I was thinking about a van, at some point. When I bought my Silverado, I was looking at vans. I chickened out, thinking about one as a dedicated vehicle. Now, I'm regretting the truck. I'd really like a Nissan NV, but, would "settle" for a GM. But, finding any nice, used, black van is difficult.

10. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice equipment and shop!

I know its a little off topic but I wouldnt mind seeing some pictures of your woodworking.