A. W. Landscapers, Inc. - Equipment & Work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by A. W. Landscapers Inc., Nov 21, 2013.

1. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks.

I don't tollerate unorganized trucks/trailers/workstations/etc. Keeping the company's equipment properly organized at all times is part of an employee's responsibility and I've always held employees accountable for their areas of responsibility. In all my years of managing employees, I've only had one employee who couldn't handle his responsibility of keeping the company truck he drove cleaned and organized. He thought it didn't really matter what the truck looked like because he was the one that had to use it. He thought wrong.

2. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

You're welcome.

There are a lot of ideas and tidbits of yours that'd benefit me, I'm sure. If I lived closer, I'd certainly try to spend some time around you and your place. I try to be a sponge, where possible, as there's so much to learn about so much. Clearly, you're doing things right.

BTW, I like the idea of an extinguisher mounted at the rear door. Mine is mounted beside my walk-in. But, the most hazardous events are always outside the rear of the trailer. I think I'll buy another, just in case.

As a side note, I stopped by the fire station and asked the safety officer how big an extinguisher I needed. He asks, "How long do you want to fight it?". I busted out laughing, as I'd never thought of it that way. I figured the bigger the fire, the bigger the extinguisher. When it's more about "time to empty" on an extinguisher. He wasn't very optimistic about saving a ZTR, with the amount of debris they harbor and plastic fuel tanks.

3. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

There is also a fire extinguisher mounted at the side door right below the trimmer string. If you go back to the first post in this thread you can see it clearly in the 3rd picture I posted.

4. ducnut

[​IMG]

Next time you have your wheelbarrow off the wall, can you please take a picture of your hanger setup? I usually throw mine in the bed of the truck, on days I need it. But, it's a PITA, with a trailer hooked up and trying not to lay on my truck's paint.

5. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

Looks great! I love the organization! I wish I could have an enclosed trailer. I need to move first as right now my neighborhood covenants don't allow for trailers outside so I have to keep mine in my garage. So until then, my open has to work for me. Or I could get big enough for a shop... :)

6. MDHomeSVCS

MDHomeSVCS LawnSite Member

What are the straps you have called?

7. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Great set up i love it!

8. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

9. ducnut

10. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

This is the wheelbarrow holder:

http://www.toolking.com/lehigh-wbh-...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=COznpdqKsbwCFQto7Aod3jYARA

I think I got it at Northern Tool. The bungee cord is just there just in case it falls.