A. W. Landscapers, Inc. - Equipment & Work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by A. W. Landscapers Inc., Nov 21, 2013.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you guys had to adjust the level of your decks yet? Mine seems to cut a little lower on what would be the passenger side (if it were a vehicle when you're sitting on it).

2. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Got any pictures of inside the black trailer? Everything looks great man.

3. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

4. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

I haven't. Check your tire pressure┬ůthe right side might have less pressure than the left which would cause your mower to be lower on the right.

5. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

I ordered the Flex Forks and the anti-scalp roller today.

6. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going to order the Flex Forks too and paint them Hustler yellow. I didn't order the anti-scalp roller. In my earlier post I was talking about the rollers on the front of the deck that came stock on it. There's a groove where they can be raised or lowered. I haven't messed with mine, just wondering if you guys had.

7. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I gathered you were new to the industry with all that new equipment. How does one go from woodworking to lawn maintenance? I've never understood that.:confused:

8. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

You can read all about here in my introductory thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=413820

Here are the "Cliff's Notes": Started as a professional home improvement & handyman service, started marketing my woodworking. Everything was going well and custom woodworking looked like it had a very bright future. The market changed in 2008 and my company has been evolving ever since. Landscaping and lawn care compliment and enhance my other exterior home improvement and maintenance projects. Some clients like to deal with one person/company/contractor and some clients are still willing to pay a premium to deal with the one guy they know they can trust to get the job done right. I'm that guy.

9. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

That Hustler paint is expensive┬ůMy dealer wanted $21 a can.

10. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

As Scott mentioned, double-check your tire pressures. If they are equal, there's an adjustment bolt on the right, front deck chain.

[​IMG]

I promise to get a thread started. I don't have a ton of pics, but, will get it done. But, here's a link to the interior.

The number at the top right of a post will bring up just that post. You can copy that URL and hyperlink it.

Here's the Rustoleum match, at ~$7 a can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the rollers in their lowest position, you're limited to ~3-1/2" cut height. However, you can better traverse ditches with them lowered. In the highest position, you can set the deck on the ground.