A. W. Landscapers, Inc. - Equipment & Work

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by A. W. Landscapers Inc., Nov 21, 2013.

1. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I got all the hooks from Home Depot for like $70 - $80 and I got the blower rack from Northern Tool for $46 (not a bargain) and I had to bore 2 holes through the 1" tubing so that I could mount it to the wall. The tie-down straps for the mowers were $30 each. I already had the shelf brackets and standards from my old shop. Some screws, plywood (always have plenty of that in the shop), paint, 6 magnets (had those), and 3 little pieces of cork shelf liner (had that) and I was done.

2. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

Thanks. I'm glad you are inspired.

I originally wanted to use A. W. Landscaping but awlandscaping.com was taken. I was actually glad the website was taken because I ended up really liking the way A. W. Landscapers sounded and www.awlandscapers.com was available.

Hopefully I'll be hiring next year…we'll see how it goes. If I close on a few more new residential construction installs between now and February 1st, I'll definitely be hiring a couple of guys. If I get the new commercial construction install I bid yesterday, I'll probably crap my pants:dizzy:, thank God, hire several guys, and pray :angel: a lot…I'm pretty sure I won't be the low bidder and the project won't be until the 2nd quarter of next year so I'm not wasting a whole lot of time right now on planning an expansion solely for this project.

3. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

Scott,I am curious, as to how you use the magnets.

4. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

The magnets keep the trimmers and edger from bouncing around…see the fifth picture in post #1 of this thread.

5. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

I don't know why but it won't let me post the picture a second time.

6. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

Let me try this again…had to rename the picture and change the size to make this work...

magnet copy.JPG

7. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

The use for the magnets is very creative. Scott are you related to Thomas Edison. I can't figure how to "quote message in reply". I click the box under "quick reply" and nothing happens.

8. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

Click the "Quote" button on the bottom right of the post you want to quote.

9. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

There is a rare earth magnet taped to the trimmer/edger and there is a magnet embedded in the edge of the shelf and the cutout where the tool rests is lined with self-adhesive cork shelf paper.

10. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I definitely meant to tell you previously that those magnets are GENIUS.... I know you are a fairly new poster (as am I) but have you come across any photos of peoples hand held shafts breaking? My gosh, there are a ton of threads and posts that I have seen.... I always want to ask "So, you didn't see that string trimmer, or edger bouncing up and down and all over the place before?"