1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A walkbehinds worth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Willofalltrades, May 13, 2006.

1. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

As in my signiture I state that I have a John Deere HD45 walkbehind. It has 970 hours. One spindle housing is cracked around the bolts but the other two are nice and tight. I think the right hydro is starting to go. It doen't have as much power to the wheel as the other in reverse and it was just at the dealer for adjustment. Other than that the machine is in excellant condition. 860 of the hours on it are from a homeowner. The rest are from me cutting about 10 yards last year. My yards are growing in size and I would like to sell the machine. What would be a good asking price? It does have a stand-on accessory for the back so I'm not walking 3 acre properties all day.
  2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

With those problems, I wouldnt expect much out of it. what year is it?
    personally, I wouldnt offer a dollar over $250 if the hydros seem to be going and one of the spindle housings is cracked. you'd spend that much at LEAST just to get the hydro system working right.
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I would keep it as a back-up & under a cover. Like previously stated, you won't get what you want out of it because it needs work.