1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A Warning

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Mar 24, 2004.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I was goofing around on the computer today during class, seeing if my website would pop up on the various search engines. So I was searching for the website name. Low and behold, a few entries down the results lists, were results that pointed to thread entries I have made on lawnsite. And among those, first on the list, was a thread I started where I was complaining about a certain pita customer, and I was specific enough that I think that person would realize who they were if they were to read that. I was amazed at the number of my threads and responses from lawnsite showed up in the search, probably because my link in my signature.

So the point is, be careful with what you say here. I always thought I was pretty much safe from many of my customers seeing what I wrote on here. Turns out, we're not. Anyone doing a search on my company name would turn up lawnsite threads!

;) ;)
  2. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Good point. We allways need to think about how we say things.
  3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

mtdman, my day job is a plant manager and I do a lot of hiring. The first thing I do if someone puts an email adress on a resume is to do a quick search for their user name. Lots of people use hotmail and use their name in the address. Today I had a "cowgirl 69" on one. Some people.
  4. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Giddy up!
  6. 7fires

7fires LawnSite Member

when does she start?
  7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, you should probably take TJ's Lawncare LLC out of your sig than.