1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A way to save time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bertram182, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Bertram182

Bertram182 LawnSite Member

If time is a major factor, and I am sure that it is, when getting from account to account, here is an idea. If you cut 2-3 lawns on a particular street and you see another lco, say cutting one lawn on the same street. Then thru out the day you run into the same LCO but your only cutting 1 lawn and he is cutting 2-3 accounts. Would it be worth it to try and speak with the other lco and see if it makes sense to swap the single account? This way you gain one account at a stop with more lawns and vice-versa for the other lco. All things being equal of course where as your just providing a basic lawn service and the rates are for the most part within a couple of bucks of each other if not the same. If 90% of clients just want good, reliable service, and you know that you and the other lco are competent outfits; I would say you would be cutting time outta your schedule. Thus allowing you to add more accounts, or keep things the same, and your expenses would go down (labor, fuel, wear-n-tear) While 1 account on any particular day may not be such a drastic savings, if you hooked up with say 1 a day for a week, could you not save 3-6 hours a week labor X how many employees you have, less the other expenses listed above. Just an idea. While the local lco may be high on the "enemy/competition" list, he may be worth more as a friend in the business.
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I started a thread about account swapping a while back and it never really caught on with anybody like i had hoped...I think it got like 2-3 replies.

I think it is a great idea...as long as you run it past the customer and things were ok then go for it. I was trying to do it with another local guy (lawnsite member) but the young lady found a new LCO for her house in an area that i did not service; therefore i couldnt trade accounts like we wanted to do.