A word to the wise

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Avery, May 17, 2001.

1. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I went to my local equipment dealer today with the intention of buying one of the new Sthil split shaft and several attachments to go along with it. The idea of one engine to service split among so many attachments was appealing. I have been doing business with the guy along time. We have purchased enough mowers and power tools to be put on a fleet account. Well the guy told me to hold off for now. Seems the Sthil has a vibration problem. He said it was very uncomfortable to use. Sthil is aware of it and is working on it now. Wanted to post this just incase your dealers are not as forthcoming with information.
  2. what exactly is a fleet account? what do they do for you? when i go and buy things from my lawn mower shop i already get some nice breaks, i dont see how they could get much better?
  3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Not sure what his dealer "fleet" account is.. but we had a revolving credit line of $25k.. that kepts us in the equipment. ( and the red.. lol ) :angel:
  4. that is what a fleet account is? cause i know these people who have a fleet account with a truck dealership. they get em for 200 dollars over cost. the dealer who i work with for lawn mowers, they just have customers. they let the bills rack up, but with small things mostly. they deal with lots of lco's every single day. brickman just went there, and a lot of people. they just keep accounts open.
  5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro has an incentive program for dealers who sell X amount of dollars worth of mowers to a single person/entity/business. You pay cost and Toro gives a kickback to the dealer. At least that is how it was explained to me buy the dealer. All I care is I get killer deals on mowers. Only works on mowers, but we get a nice break on power tools also because we only buy from this one dealer.
  6. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

I have a great dealer that treats me well. Everything in his shop for sell does not have a price tag on it. The reason being, I can walk in and buy something for a certain price, and the same day someone else can walk in and buy the same thing and there price is more. He treats everyone different depending on the amount of service and sales they get from them. I bought a 2000 Great Dane Chariot for $6700.......and yes, it was a 61' 25 horse kohler.......not a dad price........He usually sells them for around $7300. Big savings.