Aarins

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J.Henderson, Feb 15, 2001.

1. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

I waslooking at the Ariens ztr's today andwas wondering if anyone has any experiance with these. I looked at the 17hp/42" cut and the 20hp/50" cut. The prices were 2999.00 vs 5999.00. Any help will be appreciated.

2. 44toroz

44toroz LawnSite Member

If you are planing on spending that much money you might as well get a quality machine. In my experience with them I was not to impressed with their drive system. It is not as responsive as the toro that I have now. The dealer with the ariens was going to give me a demo on my lawn but after driving it around his parking lot I quickly discovered it wasn't for me. I have recently purchased a Toro Z-master with a 44" deck and 20 hp kohler with 290 hrs for $4000. IMO if you are going to use the machine commercially get a toro or exmark. You can get one in my area for $5600 with a 44" deck and 17 hp kawi. Definetly a better cutting and faster machine, not to mention more reliable. But as always your best bet is to test drive as many as possible and get the best deal possible on a COMMERCIAL quality machine.

Good luck.
    Kyle

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I looked at their mowers,looked alright.
    My empression was that they are just kinda
    half way in to commercial though.I believe
    Id go with one of the companies that are really
    committed to comercial market.
    Exmark,Dixie,Toro, Dane,Scag an the like.