?? about Bad Boy mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mybowtie, Apr 28, 2008.

1. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Hows the rubber compression shocks work? How long before they breakdown and need replacing.

My nearest dealer is about 2 hr away. Concerend about breakdown/warinty issues.

Any feedback on these mowers would be great. Thinking about the briggs big block, or smaller diesel.

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

My nearest dealer is about 2 hr away. Concerend about breakdown/warinty issues.

I think you answered your own question 2 hours it way too far

3. mybowtie

from NY

I have other mowers as backups. I like the specs, prices. Not totaly sold yet, but would like to hear from someone that has experance with these mowers.

4. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with lawn ETC. 2 hours is a long way away, especially with fuel as expensive as it is. Keep in mind that every trip to the dealer will cost $40-50 round trip. I'd stick with something closer, even if you think the price isn't quite as good. Think about this: suppose you buy a couple of parts that add up to $100. Add the cost of driving, that's $150. What if one of the parts isn't right and you have to return it? Make that $200 and 8 hours of drive time. That's a good day's work down the drain. Bad Boys do seem to have a heavy duty, well-priced machine, but a local dealer can't be beat.

5. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I've never heard of a failure of the rubber compression shocks. I've also never performed a warranty claim on a Pup, Lightning, or AOS. ZTs, I've done a few. None of the others though. I have LCOs running these mowers 1+ hours away and I ship them blades, belts, filters, etc. If you have a good dealer that can take care of you like this, then it's better than just being 2 hours away. Can't beat a local dealer if you're hard on equipment though. See if the dealer has a loaner or two. You can save alot with a Bad Boy, but the key is making sure the dealer has good parts and service support to back up their whole goods.

6. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Parts catalogs are available for download on the Bad Boy web site and are really easy to use. You can have your dealer or the factory ship you the parts you need overnight.

I don't see how the rubber shocks can get damaged and I have not heard about any trouble with them.

So far, I am happy with mine and get great comments about the quality of the cut. :cool2:

7. mybowtie

from NY

Thanks for the replys... I know the value of a good close dealer.
    With other brands diesels being $2500 more, it is worth a closer look. Just wanted to know what problems others have had with these machines.

8. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

It's funny that Bad Boy sells many thousands of ZTR every year and there is so very few complains about them.

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Whats even more funny is I have never even seen one in person. Never seen one on the many thousands of lawn care trucks around here. My closest dealer is over 2 hours away which made my decision very easy this spring when we bought a new 60" ZTR. Not saying they are no good but they are non existant in my area.

10. Ford850

Ford850 LawnSite Member

Exactly my thoughts. I can only look at the little versions at TSC around here. No dealers close to me, so I had to scratch them off my short list. On paper, they made it to the top 3 brands for the features I needed on a new mower. But I needed a demo before spending that much cash.