? about cyclone rake

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DandG, Mar 5, 2007.

1. DandG

DandG LawnSite Member

hey I was wondering what the inside of the blower looks like on your leaf cyclone I am just curious how the leaves actually get sucked through there and out the other end. Thanks a lot for your time. Pictures would be awesome

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

They get sucked up the hose, through the impeller housing, up that chute and blown into the hopper...... i don't have any pics, welcome to LS!!!

3. DandG

DandG LawnSite Member

i know how it works but i would like to see the inside of one to see what the impeller looks like

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you go on their website, they have information and pictures of their impeller. The unique thing with the Cyclone is that material their impeller is made of. Unlike steel impellers that get bent and/or damaged from objects such as rocks and such, this material is made from a urethane that actually flexes if it is hit hard enough so it flexes right back to its original form and does not affect the balance. Those that are familiar with the mining industry are familiar with this type of material, as it is widely used. Here is their site. www.cyclonerake.com

5. DandG

DandG LawnSite Member

hey do you know exactly what that material is actually called because I would love to have some.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No, I don't. A little research could probably turn it up, though.