? about echo pb 200 blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RickR1818, Feb 16, 2008.

1. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys,

i am looking into a new handheld blower and came across an echo pb 200 at home depot that is on clearance. I have done some research on here and have seen good comments on the pb210. I just want to see if anyone has comments or suggestions on the 200. They are both pretty similar with output:

Models PB-200 PB-210
    Egine Displacement 21.2 cc. 21.2 cc.
    Ignition Type Pro-FireĀ® Electronic Pro-FireĀ® Electronic
    Carburetor Type Diaphragm w/Purge Pump Diaphragm w/o Purge Pump
    Fuel Capacity 17 fl. oz. 15.2 fl. oz.
    Average Air Volume* (pipe) 305 cfm 340 cfm
    Average Air Volume** (housing) 365 cfm 330 cfm
    Max. Air Speed* 145 mph 150 mph
    dB(A)^ 65 65
    Dry Weight+ 8.8 lbs. 10.2 lbs.
    C.A.R.B. Dry Weight+ 9 lbs. 10.4 lbs.
    Consumer Warranty 5 yrs. 5 yrs.
    Commercial Warranty 1 yr. 1 yr.
    Rental Warranty 90 days 90 days

I dont do leaves so I really just need enough for clippings for residential and small commercial. My only concern is wet clippings that stick. I used a cheap homelite last year to get started that rated 170 mph but only 265 cfm and had issues removing wet clippings. The price is at $139 and only had two left.

Thanks,

Rick

2. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

I actually have one i bought from my brother in law that is an echo dealer. It is a pretty decent blower. It does a good job, not the strongest but it does move the material. Not the best blower, but i dont think you will be disappointed for what you are going to use it for.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

spend the extra money and get the PB230LN

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we found the pb230 to be a weak bastard of a blower, it doesnt really have much more over the hand blower so if it is a hand blower you oare looking for then this is a decent cheap one, have had one for 5-6 yrs and not one lick a problem

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

spend the extra money and get redmax 8000

6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh:

I have the PB 200. It's fine for quick grab and go with a few grass clippings. Blowing leaves for fall clean up forget it. I will be buying a Redmax 8001 or Br 600 in the next month.

If you already have a beefier back pack blower then go for it. It really depends on the price point of the PB 200 on clearance vs. the beefier handhelds you can buy at a Echo dealer. More power is always better but it really depends on what you'll be using it for and the price point trade offs.

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what he is looking for. The PB230LN is a handheld blower and a good reliable one at that. We use it for grab and go to blow off driveways and sidewalks at our smaller residential properties where strapping a big back pack is more trouble than it worth. We used to have the PB200 series blowers but found that the PB230 just has more power. The engine isn't much larger than the 200 and the cfm rates are only 60cfm higher than the PB200 but it seems to have a lot more blowing power. Our mid line blower are the PB403 and our high end blowers our the PB755 series blowers. To be efficient you need to have a blower to match the job your doing and sometimes a good handheld is the answer.

8. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

PB200 is a homeowner hand blower. Not meant for commercial use or leaves really. And, was discontinued and replaced by the PB251.

I'll tell you whats an impressive hand blower, the Husky 125b hand blower. 400 cfm. 150ish bucks.

9. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys, here is the update. I held off buying the PB200 thinking that I did not want to spend 139 if I wasnt 100% sure. I went in to Home Depot today and they had one left. I checked the price and it was $69!!!!! Needless to say; I bought it!