? about fert bid

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Dodgemania, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Dodgemania

Dodgemania LawnSite Member

I'm bidding on a commercial lawn account and they want five rounds of fertilizer to be done.
    1.Preemeregent with fertilizer
    2. Liquid preemergent with weed control
    3. Liquid fertilizer with weed control
    4. Fertilizer with weed control
    5. Winter fertilizer

I'm not doing the fertilizing because I'm not liscensed, yet! Will be subbing out! I don't have a clue on what the stuff costs or a good charge for putting it down.

I look to sub this out until I can gain the knowledge and the liscense to do it. 2.5 acres of grass to be covered. Any help on pricing would be greatly appreciated!

2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

Plan on somewhere between $125- $185 per acre for each step in your program, you may then be able to add a small percentage on top depending on how competitive this bid is. Good call on getting a sub, doing it wrong could cost you the whole job or more.

3. Dodgemania

Dodgemania LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice. I think it's about time to get licensed because it seems like all comm properties require this. Wich is understandable. Thanks again

4. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Will take you some time :)

In the mean time don't totally write off sub-contracting and definitely don't deny your customers the service and yourself the opportunity to make a profit from that sale. We do alot of sub-contracting and have had nothing but happy customers and successful relationships :)

5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

try the networking forum, you may be able to find pricing in you area, or even a sub.