??? about flyer's

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LAWNPRO2, Mar 30, 2005.

1. LAWNPRO2

LAWNPRO2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Hi guy's
    Have a ?? for you. I pot out 500 flyer's today this is my first time doing this
    when will i start getting calls on them? I have 2000 more tt go out
    any help on this Thanks. :help:

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Typically with any direct mailing, you should expect the majority of calls within the first two weeks, three at the most. You might have a few that hang on to them for longer periods of time.

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

With any luck you'll get a few calls tomorrow. 1-3% seems to be the normal response rate for flyers, although that varies depending on time of year. I had 2000 out last week, only got 1 call thus far. But in the last few days its gotten a lot warmer, grass is greening up (won't be long now...). Hoping for a better response this week.

I usually get calls from the same day up until almost a week after distribution. If the person keeps your flyer, it may spend some time sitting on the dining room table until they get around to calling you.

4. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

I put aout 700 out last august and am still getting an occasional call. Majority of them were within two weeks.

5. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

2000 out last weekend and 1 call so far but like was said above it is finally starting to get warmer now so people will call

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Don't feel bad, I put out 8,000 at the beginning of last March and only got a few calls. This weekend I have 15,000 going out. It's suppose to be sunny and in the low 70's Sat, Sun & Mon, so that will help. Hang in there, they will call......I hope!

7. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

How are you getting so many fliers out. Paying someone to go door to door, if so how do you pay them?

8. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

last weekend it was a caravan full of tweenagers that wanted a copy of metroid prime to play on game cube, 7 kids and myself did 2000 in like 2-3 hours

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi LAWNPRO2,

Here is a great quote that might be helpful to you.

10. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

well over 5000 flyers put out, so far i have recieved over 35 calls for services, all signing up for weekly lawn cutting, along with a side services dethach or aeration, and still counting, people are holding on to them and calling i recieve at least 5-10calls a day with estimate request, and i have been keeping in touch with those price shopper turns out my prices are the lowest but ppl just wanna wait an extra week or two before they do anything with their yards.