? about herbicides

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by broske, Apr 25, 2006.

1. broske

broske LawnSite Member

I had a question about three way and momentun.I havent used momentum I was curious if it works better than the three way.Thanks for the imput.
  2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

momentum is a 3 way herbicide but I assume you're talking about a specific 3-way like lesco's?

momentum has a high rate of 2, 4-D (which I am a big fan of)
    but your question is...is it better? really depends on the target weed

its a good product but so is your basic lesco 3 way (or trimec)
  3. broske

broske LawnSite Member

I use the three way for mostly broadleaf weeds plantain, dandelion usual new england pest weeds too many to list.Thanks for the input.Ya I'm licenced in turf and arborist in connecticut everybody seems to ask that question when you have a question on this site.
  4. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I love Lesco 3way Ester II. Ain't a broadleaf around it won't kill. It also stinks to high heaven, and will scorch a lawn in temps over 85 degrees. I liked Momentum until they took the Clorpyralid (sp?) out of it. Not a fan of the Lesco 3 way amine mix. No teeth, in my opinion. I use the 3 way ester when it is cool enough, and Momentum when things get warm.
  5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, and other clopyralid-containing products like Lontrel,Confront now are labeled for non-residentual use.