about me and my company

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by M.A.Landscaping, May 12, 2010.

1. M.A.Landscaping

M.A.Landscaping LawnSite Member

my name is Marc and im 18 years old living in Berlin, CT. i worked for my dads friend who was a pro landscaper mowing both residential and commercial properties. he did a lot of hardscaping and home repairs/ carpentry too. i worked for him for two years then when i got my drivers license i decided to go out and start my own business. so i bought an almost brand new Cub Cadet G1548 belt drive WB and i was cutting most of my families lawns and had a few accounts on my street. but this year being my second year and i am graduating high school, i wanted to go big. i knew the basics and i new how to work on my machinery and do mulch, i did cleanups, cut trees, flower beds, you know the works. i did a lot of advertising and i spread almost 500 fliers out around my town and i even signed a contract for a Realtor to cut the lawns of empty houses until they are sold. i and current up to 26 residential accounts and one small commercial property. i always loved cutting grass and working outside for some reason and i don't know why. i am surprised how busy that i am this year being only my second year and i have an LLC set up already and liability insurance, i just got a trailer and my equipment list is getting pretty long. i plan to go to school in the future and take some courses on landscaping and grounds keeping but for right now im just going to work as much i can and save as much money as possibly to grow my company even bigger. i really love my job and i am always looking for more work, being in school still it is kind of hard to get a lot done so i work everyday after school till dark and most of the weekends but i don't care because im making a lot of money and getting my name out there. well, thanks for listening to my story. any feedback?

Thanks, Marc
  2. rustyj

rustyj LawnSite Member

Keep it up
    Posted via Mobile Device