1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

About my lawn

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Barony, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Barony

Barony LawnSite Member

I have a well-established Bermuda front yard. My back yard, however, has a lot of shade and the Bermuda sod did not take very well. This past fall, I seeded the back yard with Kentucky Bluegrass in hopes of having a better looking back yard. This has led to a potential problem, the KY bluegrass made it to the front yard somehow (wind, feet??)! I have been told the KY bluegrass will choke out my Bermuda. Is this true and is there anything I can do about it? Right now, so I'm hoping there's a solution!
  2. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

The bermuda should choke out the KBG, unless the KBG has a competitive advantage such as cool temperatures, shade, etc. If the bermuda does not overtake the KBG, a light application of round-up in the winter when the bermuda is dormant to the KBG should cure the problem. Good luck.
  3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Cut a trench between the BG and the Bermuda...That should stop it...You may end up rplacing some sod depending how far in it is...