1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

About Rainy Days

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Barony, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Barony

Barony LawnSite Member

What Is There To Do On Rainy Days. Anyone Have Ideas On How To Keep Your Business Profitable During Rainy Days?:)
  2. Tri-City GroundWorx

Tri-City GroundWorx LawnSite Member

Rainy days are the days you do maintenance on equipment, market your services, and shop around for materials and the best prices in your area, also catch up on all paper and office work...very important
  3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Both my services (window cleaning and lawn care) are so weather dependent but I don't mind cutting lawn when its wet, even raining lightly.
  4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

when you are behind you put on a rain jacket and work.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Sometimes I just take a "mental break day"...you know, take the kid to preschool, go out for lunch with the wife, watch a little Dr. Phil :laugh:
  6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

rainy days are a good day to do any repairs or odd and ends around the shop.
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, I like to go shopping on rainy days, make deposits, stuff like that.
    Giving a few estimates is usually ok, too.

And most of all: :sleeping:
  8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I will do some service work on the machines, catch up on some paper work, maybe get out and ride some in search of new accounts. And I usually kick back and catch some extra rest so Im ready to roll when the sun does come out so I can get back on schedule

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Unless it is really heavy --we cut grass.
    I ran 4 10's so if there was a wash out we still picked up and finished the week, just maybe a 1/2 day behind.
  10. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I paly online ww2 based games. If it rains, i am usually playing. Feel free to join 1 of my many servers and play. www.saintsofwar.com ips are listed on my site.