About to purchase Thomas 25G - any input

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by G.L. In Ont, Jul 26, 2005.

1. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont LawnSite Member

Well guys, the post I had on the mini-skids (93903) was excellent and gave me a lot of great insight so thanks to everyone who contributed. I am about to lay down some money on a used Thomas 25G and wanted to get some input from you on 1) if you think it's a good deal 2) should I get it inspected *before* I hand over the money and 3) any input from those who currently have one or have used one either for drilling post-holes or in general

So here's what I'm getting:

- Thomas 25G (Kohler Gas), 2004, 384 hours
    - Pengo universal auger head
    - 9" and 12" bits both with an extension
    - 42" bucket
    - Miksa Hercules 5'x10' landscape trailer

This whole package was $15,000 Canadian or $12,201 USD.

Retail on this would be somewhere in the $25,500 range with taxes ($20,750 USD).

The guy selling is moving into commercial construction so has no time for the post-hole work he was doing.

Thanks all, G.

2. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont LawnSite Member

Surely someone must have an opinion on this?

Thanks, G.

3. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

The engine has only another 200 hours to go before it starts to give you trouble ,according to my repair guys ,they reccomended i sell my stump grinder that had a kohler 25hp motor when it reached 500-600 hours.

Definatly get it inspected before you purchase it,best of luck and sorry i could'nt be more help..the boys on www.arboristsite.com
    might be able to help further,infact i'm sure they can.If you do post a thread regarding your purchase post it on the large equipmant forum.. :)