About Toro T Bar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siclmn, Mar 12, 2004.

1. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

Is it true that the Toro T Bar will not do true O turns. I think that this means when one wheel is going forward and the other is in reverse. I have just ordered a 36.

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hello, you can spin one wheel forward & one back w/the T-bar & complete a true zero turn, however you will have Much Less Contol over the individual wheel spin than w/ a twin lever system.
    I found w/T-Bar hydros that the slower 3-point turns were more often necessary to avoid turf damage.

If you are cutting allot of very tight areas & or hilly areas, pistols or better yet an ECS equipped eXmark would be a wise choice.

3. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

I do o-turns with my toro t-bars,but carefully.

4. siclmn

I had to get the Toro because it comes with electric start and a dedicated mulching deck. All the others were add on mulching kits and no electric start.

5. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

I wasn't aware there was a 36" designated mulcher...the 36" are SFS...are you sure it's not a 37" deck?

6. siclmn

It is the 37 inch deck.

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, if you got it and only mulch fine, but it doesn't discharge as well, I've had one. The convertible aspect is a big plus, though. I also had a 44" T bar hydro. Harder to zero than I wanted. With practice, acceptable, but still too jumpy. But I do mostly quick 3 point turns anyway to avoid damage. Standing on a sulky I would think a zero would be hard to pull off w/o tearing some turf.

8. siclmn

I do only mulch and yes you can in the Pacific Northwest and this is taking the place of my 21 inch proline so now I can mow twice as fast. No one around here discharges lawns.

9. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

Remo, in my experience those decks don't mulch well....they're too shallow. Mabe different in your conditions but my Proline 21"s & eXmark 36" w/kit would mulch better than that particular model.

10. siclmn

Gee I guess I have screwed up again. Well the thing is ordered so I will hope it works good enough for me. One of the nicest lawns in town is done by a guy with that deck so that is what gave me the idea of getting it.