about trenchblade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dura to the max, Jun 11, 2008.

1. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

im interesten in hearing some more about trenchblades. real world experience. the concept sounds awesome. but i want to know from some guys on here what they think before i order.

2. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

i use them on my edger they work good for cleaning up the edge on beds and even making new beds. you do have to clean up the edge after but not too bad. i make my edge then make the 45 on the bed mulch and its done. also cheaper than a bed edger

3. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

You want Real world experience OK i'll give it a shot, they work great! they dig a good trench but they dig a better one when you pull it backwards when you doing a flower or mulch bed that's to close to anything i.e. wall of picket fence it will cove it with flying dirt no biggie blow it off.I used them for edging and they work great they leave a wide gap some customers like it.....some don't, also when edging close to sidewalks curbs ect sparks are going to fly so just tilt the head at an angle and its all gravy from their! plus its cheaper then buying a big buck machine that isn't cost effective..Hope this helps.

4. cleancutslawncare

cleancutslawncare LawnSite Member

I think the trenchblade is great. I've used it to clean up existing beds and to cut in new ones. For the money you can't beat them.

5. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered a pack. I use them to clean up existing beds or to cut a small bed. They are good for that, but for a nice wide, deep bed I use a Little Wonder Bed Shaper. I don't use the Little Wonder that often, but I got such a good deal on it from a trucking company, because it was damaged a little in shipment. Had to buy about $50.00 in parts to fix it.