? About ztrs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ranger351w, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ranger351w

ranger351w LawnSite Member

I am looking to get a new 52" Ztr preferably an out front deck.
    I already have a K725 but need another.

Does anyone know about the Country Clipper Boss or charger? Good bad or ugly? I only live 35 miles from the factory and am thinking of parts avail.

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Run, don't walk, RUN to your grasshopper dealer and buy another one of those. Hopefully your dealer won't laugh at you too hard for thinking of buying a country clipper:dizzy:

What's sad is that my Grasshopper dealer sold country clipper for several years. I don't think he does anymore, though last time I was there he still had a couple sitting there next to the Exmarks.

I've seen ONE guy, starting out in the lawn business that owned one. He eventually got a Grasshopper.

3. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

country clipper is the best hillside mower I have ever seen or been on! They are rapidly becoming a major force in this area, especially the boss! I know of several big time cutter here running them one guy has over 2500hrs on a 60 charger and says he will run it till it will not run anymore! I have been thinking of going with some efi boss units for this year!

4. ranger351w

I am looking at a charger 52". They want right at 7000 for it .
    I am also looking at a grasshopper d322 04 model with 1100 hrs on it for 5800. That is hardly broke in for the Kubota diesel. Deck is in good shape and has new blades. It was cool when I tried it and it started right off and run good.

HMMM Grasshopper diesel versus Country clipper ? Decisions, Decisions :confused:

5. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

What engine is on the charger? I am thinking of an efi boss also!

6. ranger351w

Kaw 23hp. not sure if EFI

7. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Looked at some new machines today the 52" charger with a 23hp kohler was $6995.

8. mouse

mouse LawnSite Member

I just bought the Boss with the 60" deck and the 28 hp Kohler EFI yesterday seems to be a very good mower. This is the second Country Clipper i've owned.