Absolutely Unbelievable!!!!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mowerman90, Apr 5, 2004.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutly Unbelievable!!!!
    I picked up my new Hustler Super Z 27hp Kohler 52" today. For those of you that haven't demoed one yet ,run, don't walk to your nearest dealer and demo one. You will not believe how FAST this sucker is. I found myself pushing the levers forward until it reached a speed that I thought was faster than any mower I've EVER riden. Then I pushed them forward even more achieving an almost unbelievable speed. And to top it all off I can cut at this speed on my smooth residential lawns. Granted, I doubt I'll be able to do this when the Floratam turf thickens up in July and August but right now nothing can stop me. I've been mowing since 1989 and have never had a mower cut so much in so little time. I'm absolutely amazed. I really feel like I made the right decision on this one. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

2. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I do know what you mean about how awesome that mower is, I bought a 28efi 60" in december and that things is awesome.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Ed, I hope you like it as much as I like mine :) Congrats on the purchase!

Keith

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That Kohler 27 hp rocks !!!!
    The reason that motor was added to the line up (and 52") was due to you the end users asking for it.
    I am brought back to my youth with a song by AC/DC......it goes something like this........ for those about to MOW !!!!!...WE SALUTE YOU !!!!!.....at least that is my rendition of it....lol....

Later
    Pj

5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, I'll say it rocks! Today I had a lawn that the customer had watered a little too much and it was starting to get thick like the lawns here (Central FL) get in July/August. My Super Z just blew through it without even changing the engine pitch. It was like it wasn't even cutting grass. This was all done at top speed too. Man, I can't wait till summer gets here. I love this machine.

6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

you got that right....