ac shirts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSIM, Aug 25, 2004.

1. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

I saw on tv that the Japanese have come out with a long sleeve shirt thats air conditioned! They said the startup price would be $90.

There should be a huge market for those, especially us here in the south (Texas).

Did anybody else here see that or hear about it?

2. J&J Lawn Care

J&J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I havent headr of this but sure could of used one today if it works.

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

is it similar to this, used by the NASCAR drivers??

4. Fescue Farmer

Fescue Farmer LawnSite Member

Tell me more fellas! I know East Tn isn't the hottest place in the world to mow, but it sure gets hot enough for me - I wear a Tilley Hat, coolmax polo, coolmax socks and usually a pair of shorts or lightweight, loose fitting kahki pants and I still burn up!

I'm looking at the photo fga posted and am envisioning mounting the cooler looking unit on my mower, but how I could use it trimming and blowing I don't know :)!!!!

5. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

BACKPACK UNIT. You will look like an astronaut. They will be calling you "The LCO from Mars":alien:

6. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

7. fga

dude, i was just joking. i wouldn't expect to carry a cooler around on my back... but i guess it would work if you put it on a rider mower.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

What does this cost?? the one with the cooler.
    John

9. fga

10. Simplyhere

Simplyhere LawnSite Member

You know, there are several vest-type products that are specifically made for the motorcycle industry, but might work well for those in the green industry. I know they can be bought in the $50 dollar range, and work well for the bike application. It's a thought.