Accelerator baggers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grimmy, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Grimmy

Grimmy LawnSite Member

Need some additional input on the accelerator baggers. The testimonials I have read are positive.
    Response from the company on various issues have been answered or solved as well as impovements being made.
    Pros/cons. Is the investment worth it? I have some good size accounts that require excessive leaf clean up. I have a Z and WB 52" units. Would like to hear from anyone who own the bagger units.
    Thanks

2. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 on great danes. They are definately better on leaves than the cloth. Fill up too quickly with green grass. I would definatly buy them again.

3. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I'm also considering purchasing one for when I buy my 36" TTHP. So any more info would be greatly apprecaited.:clapping:

4. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

I have one. And that fits on both my TrufTiger and my Skag wb. Fortunatly do to the deck design it's interchangable, so I've got the best of both worlds. Great thing I like is the weight. Accelerators are very strong but light, easy on and off. With the big opening at the rear they dump fast and clean.
    True, a bit pricey, but worth it ...

Jim

5. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

I have the "Jumbo" Accelerator on my 60" Lazer and love it.

I mulch all year, and use the Accelerator for leaves in the fall, and for spring cleanups after I power rake. It is awesome, and packs very tight. To get even more in, I will chop up the leaves first, then start bagging.

If you intend to use it for leaves, get the optional dust covers. With dry leaves, the dust flies - nature of the beast. The dust covers are like screening that partially cover some of the venting on the Accelerator. I put the covers on the inside facing the machine, and on the top. This keeps the worst of the dust off the operator.

deej

6. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

They also have extenders that increase capacity for use during leaf pickup.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have 1 yard that I bag and I use the acc. It works good and packs great. We are having some leaves starting to fall here now (drought and shorter days) I used mine the other day and it filled up very quick, but I only have the 3. something catcher. For grass I def like it alot, Im going to be using a cyclone rake this fall for leaves and the acc may get put back on the scag walkbehind for small areas.For leaves I def think you would need the extender that doubles your capacity, and maybe look into getting a cover to help with the dust

wayne

8. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I have 2 Accelerator catchers. One for my Scag Z Cat and 1 on my 36" Exmark TTHP. They are great baggers. The one on my Exmark works better than the one on my ZTR, due only to discharge velocity and fit. The catcher for the Exmark needs no hardware to attach it. Fits onto existing deck configuration. It's a sweet set up and packs the catcher nicely. Both units are the smaller of the offerings but I have an extension for leaf season that attaches easily. The product is rugged yet light weight and the customer service and support is the best in the industry. I too got the dust covers & cover the side facing the machine & the top. Really nice for keeping the dust off in dry conditions. Note: for peak performance, covers should be removed to clean out chafe that collects between cover & catcher. Hope this helps-- I would totally recommend this product!!!

hillndale :headphones:

9. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

we've been offering them for the exmark products we sell for 5 years now. The GCEX model fits most exmark, bunton, bobcat models. We also stock the GCSCA models which fit alot of the Scag walk behinds.

In 5 years I have had to weld or repair 0 bags for customers. Yes....NONE. All the regulars I sold to are still using them. 5 years out of a bag is awesome.

I can't tell you how many grass gobblers i've sold and sold the customer another one at seasons end. That's all we did was weld and repair them. They would rust and fall apart way to easily. The bottoms would just tear right out.

10. Grimmy

Grimmy LawnSite Member

Thank you all for your input.