Accelerator Bags for 21" Mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Aug 13, 2001.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone seen or used these bags on 21" machines? They seem like they would save a lot of time bagging. Let me know after checking them out at: www.acceleratorindustries.com

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

They look nice and a good idea when your dumping on location (curb for fall leaves) or on the trailer. But thay seem like thay would be almost impossible to dump by yourself in the truck bed. At least the ZTR/Walk behind ones would. 14 lbs empty weight? my 2.8 is hard enough when completely full.

3. Just Turned Pro

Just Turned Pro LawnSite Member

I have seen an outfit near me that has two Honda's with these bags. I have only seen them on the truck and have not seen them in action. I'm not sure about them yet.

4. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

The company that sells these is actually located close to our operations. They make excellent products. They work so well that the bags will actually pack the grass even very well when wet. The only problem with the 21 unit is that it can collect so much grass that the mower will wheelie. They are the only bags we buy.

5. casey

casey Guest

Nathan,
    If you're using the 21" version can you easily dump clippings into city pick-up garbage bags or do you have to haul clippings away?
    Thanks.

6. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Here we can put leaves at the curb after Oct. and before May. Clippings sould be put in bags but rarly are in fall. The rest of the year we have to haul or use the paper bags and let the homeowner drag out to curb 12hrs before garbage pickup.

7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I'd have to see it to believe it! It seems to me like the mower would be wanting to tip backwards with all that weight in the rear if it was full of wet grass.

Who know's? I can't judge a book by its cover I guess!

8. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

Casey, If you are asking whether the opening is small enough to dump into a garbage can, yes it is. Even the mid size walk behind bags can be easily dumped into a Rubbermade size garbage can, it just takes a little practice to keep from getting grass on the ground.
    Trust me, compared to any other bags on the market(ie. grass gobbler, fabric and stock bags) the accelerator are the best.

9. Jay ALC

Jay ALC LawnSite Member

We use several of the accelerator baggers with our walk-behinds and even on our exmark lazer (in a pinch, when we don't have the ulta-vac on hand). They work great and a person gets used to lifting them even when full of wet grass. As others said they pack the grass/leaves in very well especially on exmarks. We don't have any of the 21" baggers because I have been happy with the baggers that come on commercial toros. Also, the new redesigned bagger that they started making last year has a removable door where as the older ones just hinged. The removable door makes it really easy to dumo into a regular truck bed or even into a trash can. Not enough praise said here, overall a great bagger, and I think the standard unit for a W/B is like $290.00 which fits most anything.