Accelerator catcher keeping it clean????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Jun 17, 2006.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Alright, It has been cool and rainy here for the last month and I am having a hard time keeping my catcher clean. Is there anything you all put on your catchers to keep the grass from sticking?

2. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Wet grass will stick to anything, so I just blow the clippings out/off the bagger after finishing each job. I just use my handheld or backpac blower, as I blow off the mower before loading.

Jim

3. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

We suffered a long spell of rain here too. Conditions definitely impact the "accellerators" loading capacity. I found I would have to blast it with a hose, at the end of the day, both inside & out, use a scraper on the inside, between jobs. If I let it go too long I would have to use a stiff bristle brush on the inside then blast from the outside with hose.

It's getting drier now and the catcher is loading to full capacity now, and works like a champ once again. The wet grass is a real bummer, 'cause I hate it when you have to keep dumping and it's like half full. Keeping all those little holes clear is definately the key. Once they start clogging up, capacity drops. This can happen in dry conditions too. Very important to clean regularly.

Bagging wet grass is just a bummer. Heck, bagging grass at all is a bummer. Although the Accelerator is a great product IMO.

hillndale:headphones:

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

yeah ill probably use a light brush on the inside of mine, its clogging up sometimes too, ive never done anything more though than just use my hand gently and brush some of it off and bang it loose.

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I have used all the above mentioned, but I am looking for maybe a tefalon coating or something like that. Has any one experienced this or anything else?

6. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I don't think the nature of the apparatus lends itself to any kind of non-stick coating. The fella that invents a material for mowing decks, catchers etc., that grass will not adhere to, will become a millionaire.

Sorry, it's no help. I have no experience with any non-stick coatings to prevent wet grass sticking to equipment.

hillndale :headphones:

You could call Peter at "Accelerator" and ask him. Those folks are very helpful. Also post in the "Accellerator" sponsor forum here at LawnSite.