1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Accelerator catcher

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by delphied, Jul 29, 2007.

1. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Is the 6.2 catcher too heavy to lift when full. Im thinking of it or the 4.15 model. Wondering what most people use.
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I asked the nearly the same question and received only one response,

What does this mean? I thought Accelerator baggers were quite popular, but now am beginning to think not.

I hope you have better success in responses.
  3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

I have 2, 4.15 cu. ft. catchers. In optimal bagging conditions (read: dry), they're feather light (compared to steel construction or any other bag I've used) when full.

Out of necessity, I would not hesitate to get the 6.2 cu. ft. catcher for any deck bigger than 36".

EDIT: I may get the extender for the 4.15 cu. ft. for this leaf season.
  4. delphied

This helps me out alot .Thankyou for the response. I have a 66 exmark and will be using the catcher for leaves and very occasional grass pick up. I will not hesitate to buy the 6.2 ty
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

On a 48 inch deck, i have the 6.2 (jumbo) accelerator. In any kind of lush conditions, it gets heavy because it packs extremely well. But I can still throw it over the bed of my truck to empty it. but I'm 6' 3, 230 lbs. So if you are like 5' 9 and a buck eighty, you might have some trouble.
    But it also pays off come leaf season. Cause you can really pack it in, and it's super light.

I would never get the small one, it would fill up so quick.

6. delphied

Thanks for the info . Im only 5' 8" but Im goin with the jumbo I think.
  7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I have no problems wit the 6.2; it does get heavy with lush grass but still manageable. I wouldn't want a smaller one myself, the 6.2 packs to quick when your in a hurry.
    Hope this helps!
  8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I had wondered the same. I have the small one for the 36 which also works on the 52 lazer hp. It fills quick but when wet and lush is still a bit heavy. I was contemplating getting the larger one to get more done. We mostly do ticky tacky lawns but have a good couple handfuls of 1+ acres which ends up filling up every couple of stripes.
    I would love to let it fly here but most want bagged. Its ok because they pay well. Just want to save some time dumping at the truck.
  9. delphied

good posts. Thx to all.
  10. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

Cloth baggers are actually lighter than the acelerator. Not to mention the larger opening facilitates an easier dump into a wide open trailer. Not to mention the flexable nature of them when you get near a tree or other obstacle. Not to mention the cheaper price. Not to mention less prone to be stolen.